Thursday, March 22, 2012

Model Student


I just wanted to take a minute to brag on our boy. He is far from a perfect angel, especially in the comfort of his own home, but he is a pretty awesome kid nonetheless! Every month, his preschool sends home what they call a "Happy Gram." Essentially, it's a note about how he's doing in school, what he's working on, etc. Everything has been 100% positive, which is pretty much to be expected in preschool! This month, though, the teachers invited parent questions, and these questions were used as the basis for the Happy Grams. My question was about bossiness. Like I said, our boy is not perfect (gasp!). He can be very demanding and iron-willed when he feels passionately about something. I just wanted to make sure that he was keeping this behavior in check when we was at school. And he is!! He told me himself, "I'm always good when I'm at school!" haha! Anyway, I just wanted to share a snippet from today's Happy Gram. I love reading nice things about my kiddo, and I know that there are some people who read this blog who will like to hear them, too!

"Nikos is doing a fantastic job in school. He understands the routine and thrives in its consistency. Nikos has a wide circle of friends with whom he loves to play and interact. Nikos has terrific verbal communication skills and when combined with his charismatic personality, it's no wonder that he is a classroom favorite!

Nikos plays cooperatively with his friends. He often invites them to join in his play and his friends return the favor in kind. Nikos is able to handle minor classroom conflicts independently, and is kind and caring with his friends. We have not seen any evidence of "Mr. My Way or the Highway". Nikos is a great sharer and can patiently wait for a turn."


It goes on and on, but the meaning is all the same: he's doing great! We couldn't be happier or prouder of our little booger. Sure, he has his moments, but he is such a great kid. And a great big brother, too. Refer to Exhibit A:

He did this without being prompted at ALL. I turned around, and he was there pushing Maya on the swing. And she was BEAMING. Yup. We're pretty lucky. Two awesome kids. YAY!

No comments: