Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away...

Well, the good news is that it was quite a bit warmer today! The bad news is that it was rainy. And the worse news is that this is typical March weather, which is such a shame after last week's glorious reminder of San Diego weather, haha! Oh well. If getting a lot of rain means that we get lush greenery all summer long, then that is a price I am willing to pay.

Anyhow... I invited my friend Ashley and her kiddos over today. She's my "internet friend" whose mom was actually our realtor! She and I have become friends, and our kiddos get along really well. It's a shame they don't live closer! Still, they drove down to play with us today, and everyone had fun. Her daughter is almost exactly the same age as Nikos, her son is six months younger than Maya, and then she has this adorable baby boy who is ten months old. I could just eat him up!

At any rate, they played hard, and both kids were wiped out after they left. Perfect for a rainy Wednesday, when they might have otherwise developed cabin fever! And of course, I took pictures. Because that is what I do!





On a side note... I finally introduced myself to my new mom friend at the library yesterday! Such a huge relief to be communicating on a first-name basis now, haha! But it was funny... It turns out that she was a teacher, too, until she had her first baby. High school math. And her husband does photography on the side, like me! So we had lots to talk about. I'm just so glad I can pay attention now and not wonder what her name is, or how to bring it up without being totally awkward!
-----------------------------

OH!!! And I nearly forgot!! I finally heard from Nikos' t-ball coach this morning. His first practice is on April 9. Less than two weeks away! And his first game will be on the 21st. SO exciting!! I hope he loves it!

No comments: