Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Another Beautiful Day!

Ahhh... a girl could get used to this weather! I don't want to assume that we are done with cold weather for the year, since we most likely are not, but it has certainly felt like spring this week. And look at the 10-day forecast (especially Monday! YES!!!):

It's kind of funny, actually. I know that by San Diego standards, these temperatures aren't that warm. But it's all relative! When you have had weeks of temps in the twenties and thirties, the fifties feel great. Sixty is very comfortable. And seventy is divine!

We were close to 60 today, so the kids and I decided to have a picnic lunch out in the sunshine. It was so nice! There was just the slightest breeze, and it felt amazing to just lay on the picnic blanket and soak up some vitamin D! The kids ran around, chasing the bubbles I blew and playing other games. I really just wanted to lie down in the sun and take a nap, but these two kids kept foiling my plans! *sigh* Good thing they're so cute!


Eventually, we made it up onto the deck, where Nikos was eager to play with the cloud dough again. As I was setting it up, Maya decided to pee her pants. The only reason I mention this is because she did it two more times after that! ugh. This girl goes for weeks without any potty training issues, but randomly has days like this. It's like she just gets so engrossed in whatever she's doing that she can't be troubled to take a potty break. I won't lie, it is endlessly frustrating! Especially when I am right there with her, and she just goes without saying a word! Ack!

However... Maya is just about the sweetest little girl on the entire planet, and my frustration always dissipates quickly. Just one (typical) example from today: I was sweeping the cloud dough crumbs off the deck and, long story short, ended up with a yucky pinch/cut on that piece of skin between my index finger and thumb. It was bloody and it hurt a lot. I ran into the bathroom, rinsed it, and was pressing toilet paper against it to staunch the bleeding. Meanwhile, Maya ran in, asked me if I needed a band-aid, and proceeded to get one for me out of the drawer. She selected it very carefully, and did her best to unwrap it for me. As I was sitting and putting it on my wound, my sweet girl walked around behind me and was rubbing my back, saying, "It's okay! You're all better!" and smothering me with kisses. And you know what? It DID make me feel better! She is so sweet and caring, and just radiates love. Definitely makes up for peeing on the floor, haha! :)

No comments: