Sunday, June 1, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy!

This is, decidedly, the busiest time of the year for me. Things have really kicked into high gear at work, as the end of the school year rapidly approaches! Just look at this past week: Monday was Memorial Day, Tuesday was 5th-to-6th grade articulation day (we met with the middle school teachers all day to "bridge the gap"), Wednesday was our Volunteer Tea, Thursday was our big field trip to Riley's Farm, and Friday was our school's annual carnival. It only gets busier from this point on! This upcoming week, we have a band concert, several full rehearsals for our promotion ceremony (which I'm in charge of), the showing of the 5th grade puberty video (yay), two assemblies, and another major field trip. And then the following week, we have yet ANOTHER field trip (did I mention that I've done most of the legwork for all these field trips??), then another full-blown rehearsal, then the real-deal promotion ceremony, and then SCHOOL'S OUT FOR THE SUMMER!!! In the midst of all this, I have to get my classroom prepared for teacher check-out (stacking all my textbooks on the back counter, cleaning out every desk, stacking chairs, etc.). And it's slightly more complicated this year, because our school will be undergoing major renovations next year. Translation: I am going to have to move out of my classroom at some point, temporarily, while they remodel it. With this in mind, I plan to start going through all my junk and getting rid of the things I really don't need or use anymore so that I'll have less to move. It's a lot to do in such a short period of time, but I should get a lot done while I still have 32 pairs of hands to help me! :)

Anyhow... Despite being so overwhelmingly busy with work, I have managed to take a million cute pictures of Nikos recently, which I will do my best to upload in the coming days. It's hard when my weekends are busy, too (practically everyone we know seems to be getting married this year! which means that there are bridal showers constantly!). sigh... I can't WAIT until summer!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'm counting down. 14 days left!