Saturday, June 21, 2008

I'm Meeeltiiing...

So we just got back from Owen's birthday party, which was fun but HOT! Our current temperature is 103, but I'm thinking it was hotter than that at the party. Yikes!! Luckily, they had a kiddie pool set up in the shade, and the water was nice and cool. Nikos was pretty happy in there for quite a while, until I think he actually got TOO cold (I'm fairly certain they cooled the water down by dumping a bunch of ice into it... it was chilly!). He also had some sort of reaction on the way to the party, either due to the heat or to the sunscreen he was wearing-- his face got all red and blotchy! Luckily, his skin cleared up after a bit. He had me worried! Anyway, he was a mess, but seemed to enjoy himself overall. In fact, he had so much fun that he conked out on the car ride home:

He's currently asleep in his crib, with our A/C running at full blast. I am so glad we had that installed when I was pregnant-- money definitely well spent!

No comments: