Sunday, February 26, 2012

Yiayia's iPhone & Other Pics

Gus' mom went back to California on Thursday, but I still haven't shared these photos from her trip! There are a lot more, too, but I only sent a handful to myself before she left. Nikos was obsessed with her phone! He very quickly picked up on how to use the camera feature, and promptly took hundreds of photos. Maybe he takes after his mom? haha! He took a ton of self-portraits, pictures of his toys, and pictures of us. And he was constantly scrolling through his precious images and showing them to whoever would look. Like this gem. He thought this was the FUNNIEST picture EVER! Gotta love potty humor. :)

But there were plenty of other pictures, too, including plenty taken by grown-ups. Like this one of Gus and Maya on a "picnic" in the living room... Gus fell asleep, and Maya was trying (unsuccessfully) to follow suit.

Or this one, at the local children's museum. This was a hockey table game. The older kids on the other side of the table were beating us badly, ha!

And we went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse one night, and Nikos took this funny one from across the table:

Later in the meal, Maya insisted on peeling her own peanuts. She was doing great! Next thing we knew, she was spitting out a big hunk of shell. Ew!!

This one was from the great local farm stand we discovered, where I now buy my milk. In glass bottles. And it's cheaper and more convenient than the grocery store! Plus, they have chickens, goats, and a llama. :)

One day while Gus was at work, the four of us went to the library to get some new books, then to Dunkin' Donuts across the street. I had my little camera on me, so I snapped this cute one of my favorite girl!

And that brings us to this weekend! Yesterday, it was incredibly windy and super cold. We had snow flurries off and on all day, but nothing stuck. I spent the morning visiting my friend in the hospital, since she had surgery last Wednesday (this is the friend we've been having weekly playdates with). Once I got back and everyone had eaten lunch, the four of us piled into the car and headed out in search of two things: a futon for the play room and a rug for Nikos' room. The play room REALLY needs some kind of seating for adults, and it would be nice if it could also double as extra sleeping space for when we have visitors. Alas, we didn't find anything we liked. We did, however, find rugs. I wanted red, but Nikos (being Nikos) insisted on dark brown. Of course. Because he LOVES dark brown. Gus said it was his room, and the rug was cheap, so we should let him pick. I still tried to convince him to go with the red, but, grudgingly, admitted defeat. Luckily, it looks fine in his room. Better than I thought.

Today, we went to the home improvement store to get some more paint. Yay. Have I mentioned just how sick I am of painting? But someone's got to do it, and now I am stocked up. After that, we went next door to Target to get a bunch of things. One was a desk lamp for Nikos' bookcase headboard, to make reading bedtime stories that much brighter. And while we were there, I saw that they had the same bedding set we had bought for him online. And (AND!!!!) they had a set of vinyl wall decals that coordinated with the bedding! So exciting! So now Nikos has a Wall of Dinosaurs, which he loves. In fact, when I went to kiss him goodnight, he insisted that I go get my camera and take pictures of the wall. So I did! The lighting was not ideal for pictures, but here they are nonetheless. I had to snap one of my big boy in his bed, too, even though he didn't want me to.


And that was our weekend! Gus has a busy work week ahead, and I have lots of painting to do. Exciting times indeed!

No comments: