Friday, February 3, 2012

Home Improvement

I painted the office today! I did the math, and I have painted out seven out of seventeen rooms in this house. Yes, seventeen. Front room, office, powder room, mud room, kitchen, living room, dining room, laundry room, four bedrooms, small misc. room, two full bathrooms, and the playroom. Not counting the loooong hallways and, of course, the two stairwells (one of which will require a very tall ladder perched precariously on the stairs). Ay, ay, ay! This house is huge. But seven rooms is a pretty good start!

Anyway, our office is now "Churchill Hotel Olive," and it looks great! I might actually finish unpacking in there someday! Here's (sort of) a quick "before" pic-- of my helpers, who sat there and gave a running commentary most of the morning. Until Nikos announced that it was Bear's birthday, and the two of them disappeared into the playroom to bake him a cake and have a party. So cute!

And here's the final product!

I also painted our guest room earlier this week, though I never posted a pic of that. So, here it is. I LOVE this color! I will definitely be using this elsewhere in the house. It is one of my favorites!

No comments: