Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Haley this, Haley that

So... Nikos has a little friend at preschool! Awwww! His very first day there, I asked him if he talked to anyone. He said that there was another boy with a Spiderman backpack, and there was a girl named Haley "who just kept talking to me." Fast forward a few weeks... He came home today and basically shared Haley's life story with me. He told me her brother and sister's names, that she has a grandma and grandpa who live nearby, etc. And they apparently played tag outside today, "but Haley got tired of running, so she took a rest." Seriously, it was ALL about little Haley today! He capped off the conversation by saying, "Haley wants to know if I can come over to play at her house sometime... if it's okay with you!" (yes, he really said it like that) Awwww!!! His first friend from preschool!

Anyway, I have no idea if Haley's mom even knows about the invitation, and that's fine. But I think it would be fun, if this really does turn into a playdate! I may just invite them over myself! :) What's funny, too, is that the one "parent" I've actually chatted with at preschool so far happens to be Haley's grandpa. We both pulled into the lot at the same time last week, and he noticed the California plates on the car. He was super friendly! And then, that afternoon, we both pulled in at the same time again. And it turned out that I had actually been following him most of the way there, and that he'd seen me pull out of our driveway. So apparently, Haley lives down the side street right by our house. And she also has a newborn sister, which is why her grandpa is helping out with preschool pickup and dropoff.

At any rate, I know all this stuff about Haley, but I don't even know which kid she is! Haha! Still, I am just happy that Nikos appears to have a buddy at school, and that he's happy there. Hooray for friendships!

On a semi-related note... Maya cracks me up with the things she says, but I keep pretty busy all day and tend to forget the funniest things. At least, until she says them again. But this morning, on our way to drop Nikos off, she saw a school bus and shrieked about it. Funny, since this was on Main St., right before school started, and we passed like eight of them. Not exactly a rarity! Still, she was excited, and said, "Look, Mommy, a school bus! Up the head!!!!" That means "up ahead," in case you couldn't figure it out. She says this one a lot, and it makes me giggle every time! I think I am going to start using it myself!

And on a completely UNrelated note... Tonight's episode of Property Virgins (on HGTV) will feature one of my internet mommy friends and her family. I am so excited, haha!!!

No comments: