Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Day in Photos

Today was a productive day! Nikos went to preschool, I cleaned the house, Maya and I made cake pops, we played outside... Well, it was really a pretty normal day, but a good one nonetheless! And I grabbed my camera(s) more often than I have lately, so... here's our day!

First, I cleaned the play room. This is an amazing accomplishment, haha! I also hung those canvases of the kiddos in there. I'm tired of bare walls, even if I still need to paint the room!

And here's just another picture of Nikos' big boy bed. It is so comfy! We all love snuggling and reading bedtime stories in it!

While Nikos was at preschool, Maya and I got started on making some chocolate cake pops, just for fun. Both kids love to help me cook... such good little helpers!

After lunch, we all went outside to enjoy the "warm" day. It was in the mid-40s, with snow expected for the next few days. So I definitely wanted to run them around for a bit and wear them out. Bubbles did the trick, as always!



After that, Nikos amused himself by building this "amusement park" with Tinker Toys. He actually had an elaborate explanation for every part. There's a log ride! And a cage for bad guys! You know, important things.

And then, when I finally sat down to rest for a minute, Maya climbed into my lap. Next thing I knew, she was sound asleep! I had my laptop open, so I snagged this with the webcam. Nikos couldn't help but poke his little head in, haha!

Later, we went to check on the broccoli seeds we had planted the other day, and found these happy little sprouts! Guess it's time to build our planter for the yard, eek!

And this last one requires a little explanation. Gus calls cake pops "cake poops," much to the delight of both kids. While we were making the cake pops today, Nikos insisted that we make a POOP one for Daddy. So we did. And Nikos made him this card, which says "Daddy's Cake Poop." He cracks me up!!

So... we're expecting 4-6 inches of snow over the next day or so! Stay tuned for entirely different pics from today, haha!

No comments: