Friday, February 3, 2012

Groundhog Day

So, yesterday was Groundhog Day! It was very gray and cold, and we didn't get out much. And apparently, the groundhog saw his shadow and we will have six more weeks of winter. But everyone at Nikos' preschool was laughing about it, saying that they would gladly take six more weeks of this mild weather! Snow? What's that? :)

Anyway, our boy had a special pajama day at school. Here he was before we left in the morning. He got to bring a stuffed animal with him, so he chose Bear (of course!). And it cracked me up... I guess the kids all sat in a circle and "introduced" their lovies. I asked him what he said Bear's name was. I mean, he calls him "Bear" all the time, but he also knows that his "real" name is Sugarbear. But no... He told them that Bear's name was "Bearie." Um, what? Silly kid!

While he was gone, Maya and I were busy making miniature blueberry pies. They were so cute! I made the dough, rolled it out, and then used a biscuit cutter to cut out circles. Then I filled them with blueberry pie filling, crimped the two crusts together, brushed the tops with egg whites, sprinkled them with sugar, and baked them. Success! I thought they were really pretty. :)

Once the kids were home, we decided to work on Valentines. I started assembling the ones for the kids at preschool while the kids colored. Nikos decided that he wanted to make a special card for Charlie, so he did! He asked me how to spell Charlie's name, but he wrote it all by himself. And then he delivered it to his kitty, who was only mildly interested. So cute!


And that was our day. It was dark and menacing outside, though it only sprinkled a little in the evening. Oh well!

No comments: