Thursday, June 28, 2012

Some Pictures

I am still exhausted! But yesterday, we stuck close to home and I painted more of the kitchen cabinets. We did play outside for a bit, which is when I took these two photos. I couldn't believe it when I saw that mouse hopping along through the grass at the edge of our yard. EEEEK! And he was headed right toward the raspberry bushes. I wonder if we will have any berries left to eat?
Today, I continued painting (which is horribly boring and tedious!) and dragged the kids on some errands. After lunch, I took the kids to a showing of "The Lorax" at the local second-run movie theater. This was Maya's first time seeing a movie in the theater, and I figured I wouldn't be out too much money if it didn't go well. As it was, it went decently! She got a little wiggly and loud about three-quarters of the way through, but the movie itself was loud and the theater was practically empty. I still don't know that I'd take her to see a more crowded film (like "Brave," which I REALLY want to see!), but it still went pretty well. Plus, the movie was adorable. I was impressed at how well they adapted the book and extended the story! They definitely did it justice! It's one I might actually consider buying for our home collection, even.

After the movie, we zipped home, got on our suits, and headed to the pool to meet up with Caryn and her kids for a swim. It is so nice to have a friend at the pool, because we split up and do "zone defense"-- one of us at the baby pool, the other at the big pool. But they are right next to each other, so we can still chat and have fun. I am LOVING our pool membership!!

A little after 5 o'clock, the kids and I packed it in and drove to the local restaurant that is owned by Nikos' t-ball coach. We missed his last game this past weekend when we went camping, and all the kids got little trophies. We met up with his coach in the kitchen of the restaurant (which Nikos instantly said reminded him of pappou's restaurant), and Coach awarded him his little statuette. He was SO excited! He also had to show his coach his new shoes, which he is just thrilled with. It was a red-letter day for this little boy! He even ASKED me to take his picture with his first-ever trophy! So we went outside really quick while dinner was cooking. I told him to stop squinting and open up his eyes, and he gave me this completely psychotic expression. It's so NOT his regular smile, but I love, love, LOVE this picture! It cracks me up!
Oh, and when we were heading out there, I caught not one, but TWO bunnies lounging by our swingset! Little punks! It's a blurry picture, but I had to act quickly. They've been nibbling my garden and going to town on the lower raspberries! I wonder how many of them there actually are?
Tomorrow, we will be going to a Teddy Bear Picnic in the next town over, complete with a music concert for kids. I can't wait!

No comments: