Sunday, June 17, 2012

Picnic at the Falls

Long story very, very short, we had a great time on our picnic today! Everyone was in a good mood, they ate plenty, and we played for a while before hiking down to the "falls" themselves (really, it's where the water shoots out from the dam and into the Ware River. More like rapids than falls, but exciting nonetheless.). Maya, our flower child, was very pleased to discover the daisies growing all over the place, and our hiking was slowed down by her need to pick bouquets. I made some of them into a little wreath for her hair, which she wore for about two minutes. Long enough to get a photo, at least!
She promptly decided that the sand volleyball court was the world's biggest sandbox, and lost interest in her flowers. sigh!

I also snapped this one of Gus and his babies, which I just love. Those are my three favorite people in the whole world, right there!
This week promises to be crazy, with activities suddenly popping up left and right. And with our camping trip on Friday, I also need to find time to organize and prepare for that. Not to mention paint another chunk of kitchen cabinets. Ack! We'll see if I find the time to post this week, or if I pass out on the couch after dinner every night! :)

OH, but before I forget... I harvested some baby lettuce leaves from our garden tonight! Not a ton, but enough for a side salad for Gus. YAY!

No comments: