Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Odds and Ends

I am still so tired! I think it's residual fatigue from camping. It was fun and all, but it was a LOT of work (especially for me, as the organizer). I just want to close my eyes and go to bed! Actually, that doesn't sound too bad. Soon, perhaps!

Yesterday was a pretty quiet day. We were actually stuck at home, since Gus had forgotten that the kids' car seats were in his truck. Oops! But it forced me to clean up, which was a good thing. And it was POURING rain. We had a severe thunderstorm that lasted several hours, and I swear it was sitting right on top of our house! Windows were rattling from the thunder, lightning was flashing like crazy, and the sky was just dumping buckets. In other words, it wasn't a very good day to go to the pool, haha!

I spent most of the afternoon waiting for our new refrigerator and range hood. SO EXCITING! And, of course, the delivery people came almost an hour AFTER the window they had given me. But it's okay now, because my fridge makes me so happy. I hated the old one so much! This one is awesome!!
Not too long after the fridge arrived, Gus came home, picked us all up, and we drove to Caryn's house. She had very kindly offered to watch the kids while we went out to dinner for our anniversary. A real date night!! We went to a Mexican restaurant just around the corner, and I was honestly impressed! I didn't expect too much from a Mexican restaurant in a small town in New England, but it was pretty good! I guess the owner is actually from Mexico, so that helps. But the margaritas were strong and the food was tasty. Definitely worth a repeat visit. And so close to home, too!

We got back to Caryn's house and had to drag the kids away, they were having so much fun! Then it was home and straight to bed.

This morning, Nikos got to go to the dentist. He did GREAT! So much better than I had expected, to be honest. He is getting to be such a big kid! But he sat there clutching his two bears (more on that in a sec), and did what they asked. And his teeth look great! Both kids even let me floss their teeth tonight because "Dr. Ted told them to." We are on an oral hygiene kick around here, haha!
About the bears... One of them is Bear, his tried-and-true lovey. A few years ago I decided to buy a backup bear, just in case something ever happened to Bear. I tucked this new one away in a safe place. Recently, Nikos was so sad that the tag on his stuffed dino had come off (Bear's came off forever ago). He fiddles with the tag when he is tired/scared/whatever. He was literally crying about this! And then I remembered the backup bear, with its intact tag, just sitting in a box collecting dust. I decided to just give it to him, and he was SO HAPPY! It's Bear's brother! I will have to post a side-by-side comparison sometime, because it's hilarious. Bear is so filthy and ratty and well-loved, while the new bear is still white and fluffy. Nikos calls him Furry Face, and the two bears are now inseparable. It is so cute!

Anyway, back to our day... I dragged both kids along with me to MY doctor's appointment (just a follow-up, it's all good) and then we went to the market and the farm to stock our shiny new refrigerator. I installed our range hood this evening, too, while yet another insane thunderstorm raged outside. It really is amazing to live in a place where the weather can change so quickly and so completely. It was sunny again by bedtime!

No comments: