Thursday, June 21, 2012

Just Keep Swimming...

Ok, I am TIRED. But what a fantastic day we had! We started our day at our local state park. And by "local," I mean exactly that... it's less than 10 minutes from our house, located right here in town. How cool is that? Our very own state park! At any rate, there is a sandy beach at one of the many lakes there, and we met my friend Jen and her kids there this morning. It was already 90 degrees by 10am, and the humidity was crazy. But the water was cool, shallow, and clear, the bottom was sandy, and it was just really nice to sit and chat with my friend while the kids played at the water's edge. Nikos took quite a while to warm up to the sand (he didn't want to take his shoes off and get his feet dirty), but the heat finally forced him to do it. And he was like a new kid once he got in the water and cooled off! We ate our lunch right there on the beach, and ended up leaving a little after 1:00.
When we got home, it was "crash on the couch" time (formerly known as nap time). The kids just rested up and watched some TV before our next outing to the pool. It was some much-needed down time for all!

Then we headed over to the pool to meet up with Caryn and her kids. It wasn't as crowded as yesterday, which was awesome! One of my mommy friends from Nikos' t-ball team happened to be there with her kids, too, so the boys all played together. Oh! And one of the moms I chatted with yesterday was there again with her girls... and it turns out that Caryn knows her! It was such a "small world" moment! So it was fun hanging out with friends old and new. And BOTH kids were very brave in the water today... Maya even got mad at me if I tried to hold her, because she was SWIMMING, gosh darnit! And since I had Caryn with me, I was actually able to hop out of the pool and snap a few pics. These kids love the pool!
Tomorrow, we are going camping nearby, and the forecast is calling for warm temperatures and thunderstorms. That should be... interesting! Wish us luck!

No comments: