Friday, December 3, 2010

O Christmas Tree!

Well, first the good news: I FEEL BETTER! I was sick for SO long, and did not feel like myself... and my visit to the doctor merely confirmed that I have been battling a nasty virus of some sort. But my doctor (who I love) gave me a list of traditional Chinese homeopathic remedies to try. And I don't know if it was the remedies, or just the fact that the virus ran its course, but I feel a thousand times better. Hooray for that!

The other good news... Both kids had their well-child appointments today (18 months and 3 years), and they are doing great! Nikos is solidly around the 50th percentile, while Maya hovers at the 50th percentile for height and the 8th percentile for weight. Yup, she's a skinny little thing! But the doctor knows she is healthy and growing, and is not concerned at all. Neither am I, knowing how much that girl can eat! But both kids are perfect and wonderful and all is well in the world.

And... better yet... Christmas is in the air! I am so excited to have TWO toddlers excited about opening presents this year! It feels so magical! Nikos has even told me that he wants to go see Santa on Saturday, so I think we might try. He says he doesn't want to sit in his lap, but he wants to stand next to him. We'll see! I hope he doesn't freak out!

And since I have been so ill and haven't taken NEARLY enough pictures of my kiddos lately, here are a few from this evening. They love the Christmas tree, and are so good around it! They also have chocolate advent calendars which they look forward to opening every morning. I just LOVE this time of year!!!!!

1 comment:

Alayna said...

I meant to comment about this earlier, but I'm SO glad you're feeling better! Sounds like a long and awful sickness :( It is the worst to be sick and still have to be on, whether at work or with the kids or both. I'm especially glad you're feeling better so you can enjoy the holidays starting up! I agree - having two little ones obsessed with Christmas is the cutest thing ever.