Saturday, December 18, 2010

Operation Big Girl Bed

...is underway as we speak!

I don't really know what came over me this morning, but I thought I'd just convert Maya's crib to a toddler bed and see what happened. This is something I have hemmed and hawed about (mentally) for the longest time. I mean, Nikos was in a toddler bed at around 14-15 months, and did great! I know Maya would be just fine. At the same time, I selfishly liked the crib because it kept her out of trouble in her room. A big part of me, though, thinks it's better to just give her the freedom earlier on so that she doesn't go crazy later. It makes sense in my head, okay? At any rate, her crib now looks like this:

She's napping in it right now, and so far, so good. I'm a little worried, though, because I can see on the monitor that she has somehow wiggled her way down to where the "exit" is, and is fast asleep near the edge without a rail. I hope she doesn't fall out! Even if she does, it's not very high up, but still! I hope this experiment isn't a total flop!

And, just because they're cute, here are a few pics I took of the kids after I finished working on the crib.

No comments: