Friday, December 17, 2010

Pajama Day!

Today was Pajama Day at school, as well as our last day before the winter break. And, since it was already going to be a crazy day, I thought it would be really fun to bring my babies in for a bit to meet my students! Gus was able to stay home from work long enough to come and collect them at just before 9am and bring them to daycare. And they had so much fun!

Nikos, of course, went into super-shy mode the moment he was swarmed by well-meaning but very large and intimidating fifth-graders. At one point, he went from sitting in a chair to hiding under a table, staring out at the kids (who thought this was hilarious). Maya was her usual outgoing self, and instantly started dancing. After a few minutes, she began to point at random kids and start laughing, so that really cracked my students up!

After about half an hour, the tables turned... Maya was starting to get a little tired and clingy, whereas Nikos discovered the microphone. Oh yes, the real Nikos came out just as soon as he laid eyes on it. He turned it on, and proceeded to tell all the kids to "Be quiet and get to work!" haha!! They were laughing SO hard, and it just egged him on (he also thought it was funny). He told them all, "I'm the teacher! Be quiet!" He then proceeded to wander around the room and crack the whip as needed. One of my students later pointed out that "he really is your kid, huh?" He was having SO much fun!


Not long after that, Gus arrived (another Major Event in my classroom), and the three of them went on their merry way. We spent the rest of the day doing a variety of fun activities, and now I am officially on vacation for two weeks. I can't wait to spend some quality time with my family! HOORAY! :)

And in honor of the upcoming holiday, here is how Nikos sings "Jingle Bells." hehe!!
Jinger bells
Jinger bells
Jinger all the way!
Old McFun it is to ride
In a sleeeeeeiiiigh! Oh! (repeat)

No comments: