Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Spirit

It almost seems too good to be true, but the kids bounced back 100% today. It was like yesterday's "yuking" incidents never happened. Well, except that Nikos keeps talking about it. But they have been playful, happy, and have had relatively good appetites. It's amazing!

And so I wanted to make the most of the day. With only two weeks left until Christmas, I felt like getting into the spirit! Especially since I was so sick over Thanksgiving... I really missed out, and it's been kind of hard to kick-start my holiday cheer. But I really am SO excited for Christmas this year. Both kids will be old enough to really LOVE it! I can't wait to see their little faces on Christmas morning!

With that in mind, we went to the market and got supplies to make both rice krispy treats and frosted sugar cookies today. They are all SO good! Nikos won't even try a rice krispy treat, though, having deemed them "yucky." Maya, on the other hand, thinks they are the best thing ever, and is constantly asking me for more (I give her little tiny pieces). Nikos loves the cookies, though, and we had fun mixing the dough, rolling it out, cutting the shapes, cooking them, and decorating them (I did frosting; he did sprinkles). My little guy loves baking so much! Here are a few of our finished products:

After dinner, we made a spur-of-the-moment decision to forgo their nightly baths and go check out Christmas lights instead. There are two neighborhoods around here that are famous for their light displays, so we drove to the closer of the two. It really is impressive, and both kids loved looking at all the crazy light displays! Nikos already told me that he wants to go there again. It was fairly early in the evening, but the traffic was already starting to back up. And some of the homeowners had actually set up tables in their driveways to sell things like hot cocoa and s'mores. We all had a lot of fun. I think we need to check out the other neighborhood, too... Maybe some night this week! In the meantime, here is a pic of just one of the houses. Multiply this times about 50, and you see the appeal!

And here are our two little munchkins in the backseat, enjoying the view:

Back at home, Gus finally got our lights up today, after struggling with huge sections of dead bulbs. It was an all-day task! Our lights might not be as impressive as the ones we saw tonight, but I love them. And I also love our electric bill, haha! :)

TWO MORE WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! YAY!

No comments: