Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa!

I meant to blog about this yesterday, and I still have MORE to blog about today, so I had better get my act together, huh?

Anyway... On Saturday, while talking to my dad on the phone, it occurred to me that it would be fun to go and visit them, now that I am off for two weeks. So, we did! We drove up Sunday morning and left Monday morning. We might have stayed a little longer on Monday, except that it turned out that I had Gus' car keys (both sets!) in my purse. OOPS!!! Luckily, he was able to work from home until we were able to get there and hand the keys over! But I digress...

The kids had a blast! It was too wet and rainy to do anything outside, but they were perfectly happy to play indoors. Nikos made and decorated sugar cookies with my mom, and we demolished a pizza for dinner. It was all fun and games until Maya pooped in the tub (doh!). But even then, it was still kind of funny (unless you were my mom, who was scooping it out while I hosed the kids off). :P Anyway, here are a few pictures from our mini-vacation:


And finally, a picture of Maya in THE rocking chair. This chair belonged to my mom as a kid, then me, and now Maya! I think I did the most damage to it, though. I remember that it used to play music when you rocked back and forth. I also remember playing with the music-box piece after somehow separating it from the chair (maybe it fell off?). Anyway, it's the perfect size for a little toddler body, and she loves it already, calling it "MY chair! MY chair!"

No comments: