Monday, December 27, 2010

Friends!

First, before I forget, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GRANT!!!! I find it hard to believe that my LITTLE brother is 31 today. I think that means I must be old!

Anyhow... We met up with some of my mommy friends this morning, and had so much fun! The original plan was to leave the house around 7, drive to my parents' house, hang out there for an hour or so, and then drive to my friend's house (who lives about 10 minutes away from my parents). The reason for the early departure was that our cleaning lady was coming today, and we needed to be out of the house! However, the plan changed, since my mom was up all night with some sort of nasty stomach bug. We still left pretty early, but went to get some coffee and then shop for a bit. I got new underwear and socks for both kids-- I know, it's thrilling! Maya doesn't even NEED underwear yet, but she was begging for the Minnie Mouse pack and I figured, "Why not?" It probably won't be too long before she's potty training, and she will eventually use them! So there you go.

We did have a total meltdown in the store, though. Nikos kept insisting that he needed a treat, and I disagreed. I actually caved for a minute and told him he could get something from the dollar bin, but that wasn't good enough for him. So, I dragged my tantrum-throwing-child to the cashier, paid for our stuff, and got out of there as quickly as possible. Only to find out that Maya had completely FILLED her diaper. Ugh!!! I took care of that in the back of the car while Nikos wailed and wailed in his carseat. I was about ready to throw in the towel right then and there!

However, we persevered, and actually had a ton of fun! It was great to see my friends again, and the kids all played together nicely. We left right at lunchtime, and the kids ate their peanut butter sandwiches and crackers on the road. Both of them fell asleep before we got home, though-- they must have worn themselves out playing! Anyway, we spent the rest of the day at home, except for when Gus took Nikos to the store to buy a new video game for the Wii. We don't play video games very often, but had a blast playing this particular one with Grant and Melissa the other day. So, now we have it! SO FUN!!

How about a few pictures?




P.S. My friend Sara is in the process of bulding her own photography business rght now (she took our family portraits in September!), and we had a chance to talk shop this morning... I've saved up a decent chunk of change, and couldn't decide what my next purchase should be. A lens? The one I want is well over $1,000. A new camera? Well, the one I REALLY want is $2,500. So, she convinced me to get a Speedlite (an off-camera flash) and accessories-- so I did! I got the top-of-the-line Speedlite, a lighting stand and an umbrella mount, a 46" umbrella reflector, and the various things I need to trigger the flash. I played with Sara's this morning, and I am SO excited. It should all be here the first week of January! And I'm so happy that it's all coming out of my photography account! Woohoo!! :)

No comments: