Sunday, December 12, 2010

Curses!

Well, it seemed inevitable that I would get the same stomach bug that the kids had, and it happened around lunchtime today. I could not keep anything in my stomach, not even water! Anyway, it was miserable, but I think I am past the worst of it now. I've had some water and some cereal now without incident. My whole body hurts from the heaving, and I am still really wobbly, but at least my stomach is calming down.

Anyway, I sure hope Gus doesn't get it! Bonnie came over to chat with Gus while he was hanging Christmas lights yesterday, and I ended up talking with her for a while. She had the bug on Friday night, followed by her 20-year-old son, followed by her husband (who they think actually broke a few ribs from throwing up! He has a long medical history, though). I am fairly certain that everyone from daycare was sick this weekend. It's crazy, though, just how quickly it spread! My coworker even sent me a message earlier saying that she has the stomach flu and won't be in tomorrow. Insane!!

So I am hoping that this is short-lived. As soon as I feel confident enough that I can keep more things down, I am going to take some vitamin C and elderberry. I do not need another two-three weeks of illness, thank-you-very-much!

No comments: