Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Rainbow at Night

Well, I am definitely pregnant! Not that I ever doubted it, but I have been feeling the baby move so much more lately. It hardly ever happens during the day-- it's just at night, when I can feel it moving around a bit and pressing outward. I'm starting to really comprehend that it's a different baby in there this time, not Nikos! The movement I'm feeling is very different from last time. Nikos would kick and punch and make sudden, jerky movements... so far, this baby writhes around in a much more fluid fashion. But little "Rainbow" is definitely making his or her presence known now! Without fail, he or she begins wriggling around at about 2am every night. And despite the fact that it wakes me up (I'm a light sleeper), I enjoy having this little solo time with baby #2 when the rest of the world is sleeping. :)

But, to be honest, I am getting very tired of referring to this baby as "he or she" or "it." So how about we start calling it a little boy or a little girl already?? One more day to go... We should find out the sex tomorrow at my big ultrasound appointment. I can't WAIT!!!!

P.S. According to my weekly emails, the baby is currently about 6 inches long from head to rump, and weighs just over half a pound.

No comments: