Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Steps!

That's right, folks... Our non-walker (up 'til now) took his first steps on Christmas Eve!! He let go of the coffee table and took about 4 steps over to where I was sitting on the floor! And then, on Christmas Day, he was on a roll, regularly taking 4-5 steps to walk between Grandma and Grandpa. And then, of course, he did it again yesterday afternoon, taking just a few steps toward Pappou's outstretched arms. Gus walked at 15 months (Nikos is 14 months), so we figured he'd be doing it pretty soon... but it looks like it may be even sooner than we thought! Full mobility, here we come! :)

All in all, Christmas was fabulous (click here to see a million pictures!)... We spent Christmas Eve and morning at our own house, then drove to my parents' house for the afternoon and evening. Christmas night, we bundled up our sleeping baby and drove to Gus' parents' house, where we spent the 26th. Nikos made out like a bandit, of course, and was the center of attention. He wasn't really into opening the presents, but he did like to examine the bows and then play with the toys. His favorite gift that we bought him was the Little People school bus, which he instantly wanted to play with (ignoring all the other presents waiting to be opened). I will never fully understand his obsession with all things Little People, but he really does love them. Silly guy!

In other news... I am now the proud owner of that crib sheet I've been going on and on about! I met the woman at Starbucks this morning, and we made the trade. She was really friendly, and we talked for a bit (she has to be right around my age, and has two little girls that are 21 months apart). Thanks you, CraigsList! I also got the crib skirt in the mail, so we're well on our way! This little girl even has clothes already, thanks to my parents and my grandma (and myself, hehe!)! I've even got her "coming-home-from-the-hospital" outfit all picked out and ordered (see picture). I'm so excited to have a baby girl!

P.S. Nikos would like to say "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, UNCLE GRANT!" hehe!

No comments: