Wednesday, December 10, 2008

"Ook, dey Dardee!"

Maybe I am reading more into this than I should, but my child is a genius! haha! :) A few times lately, he has surprised me by stringing several words together! It started a few days ago, when he was noticeably upset about something, and I had no idea what it was. I knew his diaper was probably wet, so I picked him up to go change him. That clearly wasn't what he wanted, because he got even MORE agitated. Finally, he looked right at me, pointed at the Christmas tree, and said, "Mama, CHEE!!!!" I took him over to see the tree (which is in an area he can't get to) and, lo and behold, he was a happy little camper again!

Then, last night, he was standing by the tree (all by himself, I might add). Charlie happened to be under the tree on the opposite side. Nikos suddenly noticed him, crouched down, pointed at him, and said something that sounded an awful lot like "Look, there's Charlie!" ("Ook, dey Dardee!") I couldn't believe it! He's also started saying "Ah duh" ("All done") when he's done eating or drinking something (he used to just say "duh!"). He says it with such force, too, and he pushes everything away! I just can't get over the fact that he is really starting to communicate with us!!

One other thing I've noticed is that he is getting better at copying what we say. If I point to the Santa Claus on our entry hall table and say "Santa," he'll almost instantly say, "da-ta." It is so cool! I am shocked at how much this little sponge is soaking up!

No comments: