Sunday, December 21, 2008

Halfway There!

Twenty weeks!?!? I feel like I just found out I was pregnant yesterday, and here I am, halfway through. Actually, MORE than halfway through, since I will most likely have a scheduled C-section the week before my due date. Can you believe it? I think that when I was pregnant with Nikos, I was so constantly focused on my pregnancy that the time went by really slowly. But here I am, completely distracted by teaching my fifth-graders and being mom to an active toddler (my two full-time jobs). The time has FLOWN by! And I have a feeling May will be here before we know it... Yikes!

In honor of the occasion, I have decided to take my first belly shot of this pregnancy. I have been meaning to take them all along, like I did with Nikos, but I simply haven't had the time. Anyway, here I am with our half-cooked baby girl (who is currently kicking up a storm in there-- she's definitely awake!)! :)
(and if you feel like comparing, links to all my belly pics with Nikos are over there in the right-hand column)


And, spurred on by the sudden realization that the weeks are slipping by faster than I thought, I made good progress in emptying out her room this weekend! I moved my computer, Gus' laptop, and one computer desk out to our dining room and set it all up. It's actually pretty unobtrusive-looking, though this is not the ultimate plan. We're going to give the other computer desk to Florian, who basically has nothing to furnish his new apartment with. And once we get Gus' music files off of his old desktop computer, we'll yank the hard drive out and donate the rest. I also began the tedious process of emptying out the closet which, despite its small size, is overflowing with various things (file cabinet, tons of office supplies/paper, gift wrapping materials, ironing board, and lots of miscellaneous stuff that just doesn't have a home). It's been sort of our catch-all closet, and now we're losing it. It's slow-going because it requires so much reorganization of OTHER parts of the house in order to provide new homes for the various things. But it's progress nonetheless! I am thinking that the room will be totally emptied out by the end of the week. Fingers crossed!!

No comments: