Friday, April 3, 2009

Spoiled Rotten, Part Deux

As if I wasn't already spoiled enough this week, my students (and room parents) threw me a surprise baby shower this afternoon!! It was so fun-- one of the moms led the class in a few games, including the ever-popular "Guess-how-big-around-your-teacher-is" game and the dirty diaper game, where kids had to identify what type of chocolate candy was smooshed inside each of five diapers. It was hilarious! I actually had my cheapie camera with me, so I was able to snap a few pics of the dirty diaper game (ignore my ugly temporary classroom-- we're only in here for a few weeks!):

When it was all said and done, they presented me with a class gift-- a big case of various baby supplies (diapers, wipes, etc.) and some ADORABLE outfits. They also gave me a little book that every student had written in. It was called "5th Grade Parenting Advice," and it's hysterical! Here are a few of my favorite quotes. My class cracks me up!

"Keep a constant eye on your child, it can easily put something in its mouth or something..."
-Tabitha

"Don't always give your children what they want. You don't want to spoil them!"
-Shane

"Give them whatever they want."
-Thomas

"Make sure Rainbow likes to eat chicken nuggets." -Kyle

"Make sure you keep a real good eye on here. You know what girls are capable of! haha!"
-Alyssa

"Make sure that Rainbow doesn't become addicted to the pacifier."
-Kei

"Make sure Rainbow is obedient and listens to your every command."
-Bharat

"Get her a cell phone when she turns 13."
-Eddie

"Make sure Rainbow loves jelly donuts."
-Daniela

"Don't spoil them, otherwise in the future things will go downhill. And make sure they watch Beauty and the Beast."
-Carly

Anyway, it was really sweet, and a ton of fun. I have felt so loved this week!! And did I mention that the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon was today? I gorged myself on an incredible Italian meal. What an amazing week-- and now it's Spring Break! HOORAY!!

1 comment:

Jenn R. said...

Haha those are hilarious! What a great memory :)