Friday, April 17, 2009

Full Term!

I guess I should have posted this yesterday, but I am officially full-term now! This baby is fully cooked! And two weeks from today, I will be holding the newest addition to our family in my arms. It is so strange to think about. When Nikos was born, our identity shifted from "married couple" to "family of three." And it was incredible! But becoming a "family of four" sounds so much more... adult? In a good way! But how did I get to be a grown-up, anyway? I still feel like a kid inside, and yet here we are: the very picture of the typical suburban family. Two kids, a home of our own in the 'burbs, two cars, two pets, I'm a school teacher, he has a desk job in an office... and so on and so on. It's dizzying to look back over the years and see how quickly they have sailed by. I feel like I was in high school just yesterday, but that was 13 years ago!

Anyway, I am so excited for our baby girl to arrive that I am counting the days. I feel so much more prepared this time. I know that we're in for a lot of sleepless nights and groggy days, but I also know that she'll be as big as Nikos is now before we can bat an eyelash. And I plan to enjoy every second this time around!

No comments: