Thursday, April 23, 2009

Misery

Ugh... It figures, of course. Now that Nikos is feeling almost 100% better, both Gus and I have come down with whatever bug he had. And it is not fun. Poor baby-- now we have an idea of what he went through! We both felt like we were hit by buses today. I have this awful, constant, painful cough and congestion, while Gus is completely stuffed up and keeps getting chills. We are quite the pair. At least Gus can take Nyquil, though! He was able to sleep last night, while I tossed and turned and struggled with my heartburn and cough and just generally wanted to die. And of course, I had to go into work today, because we are in the midst of standardized testing! I felt like a zombie all day.

Anyway... With my c-section just one week from tomorrow, we are thinking that recovery is our top priority right now. So I just called my mom, and my parents are going to entertain Nikos at their house for the weekend so we can rest. More than anything, I just hope my cough goes away. The thought of uncontrollable coughing after major abdominal surgery is the stuff nightmares are made of-- even one good laugh last time was enough to make me burst into tears! So please, keep your fingers crossed that we both beat this bug soon. We have enough to deal with without being sick!

Some good news, though: Monday is our last day of testing and therefore my last day of teaching for this school year. Hallelujah!

No comments: