Saturday, April 25, 2009

18 Months? Really??

When I was pregnant with Nikos, I started subscribing to the weekly e-newsletters from BabyCenter.com. I've posted some of them on here before-- basically, I get an email each week telling me how big the baby is, what body parts are developing, etc. Well... Once Nikos was born, the newsletters changed to follow his development, talk about milestones-- that sort of thing. Today, I got an email with the subject line: "Your Toddler This Week (18 months, Week 1)." Wait-- WHAT?!? Eighteen months? My little baby is a year and a half? I guess I knew this was coming, but with how busy things have been lately, I didn't realize that this milestone was upon us. How did my one-year-old suddenly become a one-and-a-half-year-old? And wasn't he just a helpless little newborn a few months before that?

Anyway, I guess I am (once again) having trouble wrapping my mind around how quickly time passes. But he really is the very definition of a "toddler" now-- not a baby anymore! And I don't even have time to mourn that fact, because I will have a little baby in my arms again on Friday. Holy weirdness, Batman.

In other news... Realizing that today was the 25th also reminded me that it's Patty's wedding day! Patty is one of my very good friends from high school, and she was the Maid of Honor at our wedding four years ago. I am so sad that I couldn't go to the wedding-- I'm not allowed to fly (too pregnant), and taking an eight-hour car ride (each way) just doesn't seem like a bright idea this late in the game. But I hope that Patty and her new hubby Joshua had a fantastic day, and I can't wait to see pictures! Congratulations, you two!! :)

No comments: