Tuesday, May 6, 2014

They Ride!

This morning dawned bright and beautiful, and it was the only morning this week where we didn't have to be anywhere! So, once we'd eaten breakfast and gotten dressed, the kids and I headed out to the rail trail. I was a little nervous about taking them both out at the same time. In the past, both kids have had issues with riding their bikes on the trail. Niko still had his training wheels back then, which were constantly coming loose and causing problems. And Maya would pedal so slowly that she would lean waaaay over to one side, on the training wheels, and couldn't seem to ever go in a straight line. But I was optimistic today! Maya's become an excellent little rider, pedaling as quickly as her legs can go. And of course Niko is much better on his bike. Both kids, however, need to be aware of their surroundings better, and be in more control when it comes to steering! I feared that they would collide on multiple occasions. However, I am pleased to report that they did not!!! We probably rode for a mile and a half, but it was all very pleasant. Look at them!
It went really well! I am optimistic that I'll be able to take Maya's training wheels off soon, and then we can really get rolling!

No comments: