Saturday, May 24, 2014

T-Ball Pictures

We had our t-ball pictures this morning! They were supposed to take place last Saturday, but the weather forecast looked so threatening that the photographer (the same one who did Maya's dance pics) had to cancel. And then, of course, it ended up being sunny and beautiful! But it was okay, because the forecast for today said it would be warm and sunny. OOPS! Wrong again! It rained all night and up until about 6:30am. Our pictures were at 8:30am, and I figured they would be canceled. Nope! It was chilly and damp, but the pictures we definitely ON. Oh well.

Once we got ready (and once mommy was pumped full of coffee!), we headed over. Niko did fine. The other kids did just fine. Maya, however, has a bit of a cold and was in a less-than-stellar mood to begin with. And then she didn't want to take off her jacket, because it wasn't warm out. I don't blame her. But she did it, and then didn't really want to smile for her pictures. So I knew without question that they weren't going to turn out well, unfortunately! And it was no fault of the photographer's-- she just wasn't into it.

Luckily, I can take pictures, haha! After lunch, when it had warmed up a bit, I took both kids outside to do photos. I figured I'd take some of Niko, too, so that his picture would match Maya's. I think they turned out pretty well! I might still try again, since Maya's hair was kind of crazy, but I'm sure this is an improvement over anything that was taken this morning. Oh well! That's life.

No comments: