Thursday, May 22, 2014

Preschool Field Trip

Before I get to the real subject of this post, I just wanted to say that our sweet chickens never did find their way home. It's been amazing, though... Between the people I know that live right around this section of woods, and then the other people that they have talked to, there have been a lot of eyes looking out for them. But, with no sightings since Monday, I'd say they are most certainly gone now. I just hope they didn't suffer. :(

In the meantime, life goes on.

Maya had her preschool field trip yesterday morning, and Niko got to join us! We rode the school bus around town, including past the elementary school, and then stopped for ice cream at a local shop (the owner's son is Niko's age). After that, we headed up the road to the town playground, where we basically took over. There were actually quite a few moms there that I know, all playing with their toddler-aged kids. I felt bad that a horde of preschoolers took over, but it ended up being a social time. :)

Anyway, pictures! I was only responsible for watching Niko, Maya, and Jamie, but considering half of my t-ball team was there, I had to get pictures of them all together!
After we got back to school, I let the kids play for a bit and then brought them home. I got Niko on the bus, and then Maya and I took off for dance class. After dance, since it was so nice, we went to the nearby park with my friend Jen and her daughter, Catherine, who is one of Maya's good friends. We had the entire place to ourselves! The girls had a great time.
Then, after getting home and getting Niko off the bus, it was time for a very quick, very early dinner, and then off to the PTO meeting. It was a very full day!

Then, this morning, I got the email that the dance pics were ready! My friend's husband (Catherine's dad-- see above!) did the photos this year, and I think they turned out well! So sweet!! I can't wait to get the prints!

No comments: