Wednesday, August 28, 2013

We Made It!

Our big boy is at kindergarten as we speak! He woke up this morning saying that he felt mostly scared. He was nervous about the bus more than anything. To be honest, I was, too! I tried not to let it show, but this bus business is still pretty foreign to me. I just wanted everything to go well!

We started out our morning by meeting up with Caryn and her kids for breakfast. Evan also has afternoon kindergarten (in the next town over), so it seemed like a good way to kill time this morning. And even so, the day just DRAGGED on (much as it's doing right now!). Niko kept saying, "I'm just gonna go out and wait for the bus, okay?" No, not okay! But he was antsy, and so was I. I did kill some time by taking some portraits. I am in love with these!!
Finally, it was time to wait for the bus. The paper we had gave us a specific time, but said the bus could be up to 10 minutes early or late. It was almost 20 minutes late! I was panicking, but trying not to let Niko see. But it turns out that there is only one afternoon kindergarten class, and they all ride the same bus, so really-- class can't start until the get there. And it was so late today because everyone was taking pictures and talking to the driver. She finally arrived, and he hopped right on!
As soon as he was on, I jumped in the car with Maya and we drove over to the school. The bus stopped at another house along the way, so we beat it (whew!). We parked and waited with the other parents outside the classroom who were doing the exact same thing. When they showed up, Niko was looking all over for me and had a HUGE look of relief when we saw me. I gave him a huge hug and a kiss, and off he went with his teacher!
Then I went to take care of some paperwork stuff in the office, and came home. Now we're just waiting... Two more hours until I get the full report! I hope he had an amazing day!!!

No comments: