Monday, August 5, 2013

Greece: Days 5 & 6

Now I get to a part where I don't remember everything that happened. Doh! For whatever reason, I hardly have any pictures from these days (especially day 5)! So I will do my best to piece it together.

I think that the 5th day must have been spent close to home, likely just hanging out in Kiveri. We definitely went to the beach!
And I took this picture of Kiveri beach, our home for the two weeks. Our apartment was right near the middle, behind those trees!
Now, you'll notice that Maya wasn't swimming that day. She had decided that her swimsuit pulled too much on the owie caused by her lifejacket, and absolutely REFUSED to swim. And it was a good thing-- it was healing better without her swimming, anyway. But we had a problem, since all her swimsuits were one-pieces that all pulled on the same spot. And we didn't want her to avoid swimming for the rest of the vacation!

The next day, we went back to the sandy beach in Tolo. The kids had been begging to go back, since building a sandcastle was sort of difficult in Kiveri (with no sand... ha!). So, back we went. Maya still didn't have a swimsuit that wouldn't hurt her, so we made it our mission to find something with two pieces that wouldn't pull on her owie as much. Once we claimed our lounge chairs, Maya, yiayia, and I set off in search of a shop that sold swimwear. After a long trek in the scorching heat to the first shop that was SOMEWHAT reasonably priced (and still definitely OVER priced), Maya announced that she didn't want to swim after all. So we marched back, with me having to carry her most of the way. It was miserable! But we made it back, and she was thrilled to play in the sand. In the end, everyone was happy-- except for papou, who stepped on a bee. OW!
We had lunch at a yummy souvlaki place, then headed back to our respective apartments. The kids played with Niko's bubble gun on our back patio while I washed underwear in the kitchen sink. What a glamorous life, haha!
And that's where the pictures end, so I don't know what happened after that! Obviously not something I deemed worthy of a picture, though. I'm fairly certain we went for a walk, or ate leftovers for dinner, or something terribly exciting like that. :)

No comments: