Friday, December 30, 2011

Proof I Love My Kids

Not that I need to prove it, but here you go: I let Nikos choose the paint color for his bedroom. And as much as I wanted to say "No! That's too dark!" or "That doesn't go with the color scheme," I refrained. Sure, I tried to suggest other colors (even lighter versions of the same color), but he had his little heart set on a DARK BROWN room. And when he makes up his mind, he really makes up his mind. He's actually been saying this for months, but I was crossing my fingers that he'd forget about it. No dice! The kid wants what he wants. And in the spirit of "it's just paint," I abandoned my Type-A tendencies and bought the exact shade he picked out. And today was painting day!

It started out like this... pale blue. Not bad, but pretty boring. Maya's room is currently the same color (but will be "politely purple" soon-- but that's another post for another time!).

And after a million coats and countless touch-ups (because painting with such dark paint is horrible!), here's what we have:

It actually looks better in real life, since my cheapie camera makes the floors look really orange and yucky. It looks pretty modern! I was surprised! I still need to do more touching-up, but it will have to wait until I have some natural light in there again.

But yeah... I painted his room DARK BROWN. If that isn't love, I don't know what is!

1 comment:

Alayna said...

Hey, I think it looks good! I bet he will remember that he got to pick the color for a long time :)