Monday, December 19, 2011

Hair!

(by the way, you know I am actually singing the song after typing out that title. And now it will be stuck in my head for days!!)

Maya has a full head of beautiful hair. It's amazing to think that this little girl, who was born with a head covered in short, dark hair, now has this shaggy mane just 2.5 years later. I was looking at it in the sunshine this morning, and admiring all the colors in it. It's definitely brown, but she also has a lot of red/gold highlights. It is SO gorgeous. And wavy, with these lovely curls at the end. Of course, I might be biased, being her mother and all, but she is just so pretty it takes my breath away. And smart, and sweet, and HILARIOUS... but today, the focus is on the hair.

I mean, just look! A "before-and-after"-- 2.5 years of growing it out!

And last night, she even let me attempt to French braid it. She's letting me play with it more and more, which is giving me the chance to practice actually doing little hairstyles. I do nothing to my own hair, other than straighten it or put it in a ponytail, so this French braid was a HUGE challenge. Especially given the fact that my only previous practice at French-braiding was on my Rainbow Brite doll as a kid, ha! And it's far from perfect... but the fact that it's there at ALL is somewhat amazing!

Oh, the joys of having a little girl!!

No comments: