Friday, December 2, 2011

More Photos

So... there are still a billion boxes waiting to be unpacked, but we are functional, at least! And I got the Christmas decorations up this morning, which made the whole house seem more cheerful. To be totally honest, the holidays came especially fast this year. Yes, I am fully prepared (I bought the kids' gifts in October!)-- but it doesn't seem like December already! We have just had too much going on. But I am going to force myself to slow down and try to get into the holiday spirit. Snow would probably help, but it scares me at the same time. I just want this Christmas to be super special for the kids, as their first one in the new house.

Anyway... I actually got out the "good" camera and snapped some pics today. First, my little helpers decorating the tree! My boy did NOT want to get dressed today, and I didn't push it until lunchtime (when we were expecting someone from the insurance company to come look at the house). Hence the jammies!

And then, a picture of the back yard. Well, really this is off to the side... I just think it's pretty. During the spring and summer, this whole area is lush green forest-- it is GORGEOUS!

And a few shots of the Christmas decorations. Notice that I had to put the tree in the section of the sitting room with the exposed beams because the tree was too tall. 200-year-old house = lower ceilings! I don't notice the lower ceilings, since I still fit just fine. :) But the rooms in the front end of the house (the original house) have very low ceilings. It's kind of cool, when you think about it. It adds to the historical intrigue!


Finally... this evening, I unpacked the dining room things (china, etc.) while we were listening to Christmas music. Nikos thought it was LOADS of fun to throw around the wadded up pieces of newsprint. Whatever! I was just thrilled that he was keeping himself entertained!

Up next... it's the weekend! Woohoo! Gus is going to finish up the laundry room, we're going to attempt to take a family portrait for our Christmas cards, and then we're going to shop for a pellet stove. And on Monday, we already have a playdate with one of my online mommy group friends! I am so excited! She only lives about ten minutes away, and her son is the same age as Nikos (her daughter is almost 2). The kids are going to make gingerbread houses, then play outside. I repeat: I am so excited! Hooray for new friends! :)

No comments: