Friday, December 23, 2011

Brown Christmas

So, the ground looks exactly like it did yesterday, haha! It snowed for nearly two hours, but it was too warm for anything to stick. It melted shortly after hitting the ground, and gone completely within a half-hour or so after the snow stopped. It amazed me, though, just how "big" the snow was this time! Last time, we had these individual tiny flakes that swirled around all over the place! This time, they were more like clusters of snow that sort of plopped down all around us. It was a lot slushier, too. Kind of disappointing, since I finally got my macro filters and there weren't any "pretty" snowflakes!


But we didn't let the pathetic snow stop us from enjoying it! Of course not! We are "snow newbies" around here! As soon as the kids finished eating their breakfast, I began the process of trying to get them into all their snow stuff (with their PJs underneath). In retrospect, it probably wasn't necessary to have them bundle up so much. But to my California brain, snow means you wear snow clothing. At any rate, one of the two small people (*cough* Nikos *cough*) was less than cooperative, and everything took three times as long as it should have. And as this was happening, I could see the snow starting to slow down. By the time we actually got out there, there were just random flakes falling every few minutes. Nothing like when I filmed that video earlier! I had wanted them to try catching snowflakes on their tongues, and was disappointed that we didn't get out there in time. I know we will have plenty more chances, but still! I was a little sad. And irritated. Oh well, next time.

Even though there was hardly any snow on the ground, the kids still seemed to enjoy the experience of getting their gear on and running around the yard. I was the one who had to drag them in, because I slipped and my rear end was soggy (and cold!!). This is what happens when you wear your pajamas in the snow. Sadly, I am not joking. :)

Anyway, it was very fun (and festive!) while it lasted, and we should get another "dusting" on Monday, according to the forecast. No white Christmas this year! But at least we have something to look forward to!

And, on a TOTALLY unrelated note, I added drawer pulls to the bedroom dresser we got off of CraigsList. I think they make the dresser look so much nicer! Our room is starting to look more "put together."

No comments: