Monday, December 5, 2011

New Friends!

I mentioned this a few days ago, but we had our very first Massachusetts playdate this morning! On day five of living here! Not bad, if I do say so myself. :)

Anyway, I just love my online mommy group. That's an understatement. I've been a member of the group (in all of its various incarnations) since I was first pregnant with Nikos, and it has proved to be an invaluable resource. Not only are the people on there all very friendly and respectful and a wealth of information, but we just have so much in common-- even though we're spread out all over the place. I have formed so many legitimate, real-life friendships on there. And when we bought the new house, I was excited to realize that one of the girls lived less than ten minutes away! Over the past few weeks and months, she has been SO helpful, giving me all her best advice and whatnot on the area. She's been my native guide, so to speak!

At any rate, she was hosting a playdate this morning for a few kids from her son's preschool, and invited the kids and I along. She was just as nice in person as I knew she would be, and her kids were so sweet! All the kids had a blast decorating gingerbread houses, then eating lunch and wreaking havoc on the basement playroom. I had a great time talking with her and the other three moms, who were all super friendly. And after lunch, it was warm enough to go and play outside for a bit without jackets, so they all ran around like banshees. By the time we left, Nikos was going on and on about how he really liked his new friend, and how he wanted to come back and play some more. I'm thinking we will need to have them over to our house, next time! Either way, they literally live ten minutes away, and it felt great to make a new connection. I'm not alone! I have a friend!!! :) :)

I didn't take many pictures, but I did get this one of the kiddos working on their gingerbread houses. They LOVED that, and kept admiring them on our dining room table all afternoon. The little boy sitting next to Nikos is his new buddy.

And this one I stole from Facebook, but it was taken by my mommy friend when the kids were running around outside. They seriously had SO much fun today, and it was such a great break from unpacking. Hooray for new friends!

On a side note, one of the other moms there was originally from the Bay Area. Small world!!!

No comments: