Thursday, December 22, 2011

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

Check it out!

It shouldn't be a big storm, but 1-2 inches will be fun for the kids... and the fact that it is supposed to snow during the early part of the day means that we might even be able to go outside while it's still falling (something Nikos really wants to do)! So after dinner tonight, the kids and I gathered up all their snow gear in preparation for a morning snow adventure. I'm kind of giddy about it! It should be fun! Especially since I bought an inexpensive set of macro filters for my camera that I am eager to play with. Snowflakes, here I come!

Strangely enough, we were hit by a huge thunderstorm last night, and I thought for sure we would get at least a little snow out of it, but nope! It was too warm. In Massachusetts. In December. Go figure!

But back to our day... It was actually on the warmer side (high-40s) and clear, so Gus took his motorcycle to work and left the truck with us. We ended up going to a lab so that Nikos could get a lead test done (it's a state requirement for preschool). He was NOT a fan of the finger-stick, but it was over with pretty quickly, and I was able to placate him with a blue Power Ranger action figure. After the test, we went to the store to get a few things, and stopped by the bank to make a deposit. By the time we got home, it was lunchtime... and both kids were sound asleep! ha! They perked up pretty quickly after having some food, though, and were back to their normal crazy selves within a half-hour or so. They helped me do laundry, dishes, and basically clean up around here.

Then, this afternoon, we baked cookies! Nikos and I have had sort of an ongoing discussion about which cookies Santa likes best. I insist that he likes peanut butter cookies, and he is certain that Santa prefers chocolate chip. Nevermind the frosted sugar cookies, which are long gone, haha! Anyway, we decided that we will make both. So we made a (very small) batch of chocolate chip cookies today, and will make the peanut butter ones tomorrow. I have to say, chocolate chip cookie dough is the BEST!!! I didn't let the kids eat any (because of the raw eggs), but I managed to sneak quite a few spoonfuls for myself. And wash it down with eggnog, since I was on a raw-egg spree! It was quite delightful. Meanwhile, the kids were dancing to holiday music and doing puzzles on the new rug in the front room. It really felt like Christmas!

After dinner, we all went to pick up my car from the shop, because it is finally fixed!!! Nearly two weeks to the day after it died on me, it now has an entirely new engine. It's practically a new car! And it was all covered by the extended warranty, thank goodness. I am officially glad we decided to purchase that warranty, now that it has more than paid for itself. And I am SUPER happy to have my car back. I like being a homebody, and don't have a need to go out all the time. But knowing that I COULDN'T was making me crazy! I'm glad to have my freedom back. Hallelujah!

No comments: