Friday, November 25, 2011

Moving Day: The Sequel

Our stuff made it!!! While I obviously have yet to go through things and see if they are in good condition, the truck itself made it to the house early this morning. They got everything unloaded and put in the right place, and they reassembled all our furniture. Gus was a nice husband and humored my request for a photo... so here it is, for posterity! (I like to document these things... can you tell?)

And yes, the entire massive moving truck fit in our driveway, with plenty of room to spare behind it. That is a long driveway!!

Sadly, there is no way our bedroom armoire will fit upstairs, so it is currently in the living room until we can decide what to do with it. We knew this was a possibility, since that thing is massive and had to actually go in/out through the window at our old house. And this house, being so old, has some narrow hallways and lower ceilings (in parts). And... basically ALL of my clothing is in the armoire-- haha! So I will have to move it to the closet, I guess. Luckily we have a lot of closet space! And I'm thinking we will probably sell the armoire and get a low dresser. But only time will tell!

Anyway, this is one more thing to cross off the list. Gus, the pets, our cars, and all our belonging are currently there. All that's missing? The three of us! Five more days!

No comments: