Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Last Day in California!

It's finally here... tomorrow is the big day! By bedtime tomorrow, my little family will be back together under one roof. And as much as I am going to miss our family and friends here (and I am, terribly), I am looking forward to the next adventure. And really, it has been hard for us to be split up for so long... it will be so nice to have everyone together again! I try to just stay focused on the positive. We can do this!

Tomorrow is essentially a travel day, so today was really our last day living in California. It was a pretty normal, uneventful sort of day! I spent a good chunk of time packing our bags, and deciding how I was going to arrange our carry-on items. Nikos and I will be sitting together in one row, and Maya will sit behind us with one of my parents. My other parent (whoever that is) will sit in the center seat across the aisle from them, because that was the best configuration of seats we could get for that flight. I'm hoping we can convince someone to switch seats so that both of them can sit with Maya, but we'll see!

Anyway, while I was figuring out the luggage thing, Nikos dragged the kiddie couch into his room and insisted that Maya have a slumber party with him. So, she did. haha!

Later in the morning, my dad and I took the kids to the park. They had fun, as always. And at one point, they ran over and posed SO perfectly together on the white bench I am always trying to take their picture on. But did I have my camera? Of COURSE not! So that perfect picture will just have to live in my memory. sigh!

After lunch, my dad and I drove to the car rental agency to pick up a minivan. They don't have a car big enough to hold three adults, two kids in carseats, and a bunch of suitcases, so we decided it would be smart to rent one to get us to the airport tomorrow. When we returned, Nikos was very impressed with the minivan's automatic doors, and declared that he liked the minivan even better than my car. Sorry kid, but it's just a rental!

Anyway... we spent a lot of the time before dinner playing with bubbles in the back yard. Bubbles are experiencing a resurgence in popularity after the party we went to on Saturday-- the kids can't get enough! Case in point:


And I just thought this one was cool. Photographing bubbles is pretty challenging, actually!

At any rate, that was basically the day. Tomorrow morning, we will eat, get dressed, finish up the last-minute packing, and then hit the road. I may not be able to blog for a few days, but we do have internet at the new house and I WILL catch up soon... so stay tuned!

P.S. Gus says it's supposed to snow there next week. Not a joke. I am so not ready for this!!

No comments: