Sunday, November 6, 2011

Life Among the Boxes

As I mentioned yesterday, Gus took the kids with him to visit his parents today. As a result, I had an entire day of uninterrupted packing! As of right now, both kids' rooms are completely packed, minus their bedding and a few favorite toys (which already have a box waiting for them on moving day). Our bedroom is almost entirely packed, too-- the closet is empty, the nightstands are empty, and everything under the bed has been hauled out, dusted off, and put in its appropriate place. The master bathroom is well on its way to being done, too. The china cabinet and bookcases have been empty for a while now, as has the entertainment center. And the kitchen is about 60% packed-- I really need to start in on the dishes and utensils.

Anyway, I got to a good stopping point earlier where things actually looked sort of CLEAN, for once! I vacuumed the floor, which was amazingly satisfying after living in squalor for a while (packing will do that to a house!). I was compelled to take photos, for posterity. And here you have it-- life among the boxes (about 140 of them, at last count!):





1 comment:

Jennifer A said...

Wow, you're almost all packed up! I bet it's so bitter sweet.