Monday, November 14, 2011

Catching Up

So, I have been busy these last few days! While the most stressful part (for me) is over, in some ways my work has just begun. We are currently living at my parents' house while Gus drives across the country, but this is definitely not a permanent situation! We've gotten from point A to B, but now we need to get from B to C. And that is a lot of work!

I have spent the last two or so days working like a madwoman, trying to knock things off of my To Do list. I bought a new washer and dryer, picked out paint, tile, and grout, scheduled all sorts of deliveries, bought plane tickets, worked on securing a separate flight for the cat (HUGE source of stress, by the way), took the cat to the vet to get all his paperwork, looked into buying a television, figured out how to get medical records transferred, and looked into various cleaning services to come and clean the new house. Oh, and I booked a night in a hotel for Gus, who is driving across the country as we speak (he's made it to Chicago already!).

Thankfully, my parents have been a great help with the kids, who are having so much fun living at Grandma and Grandpa's house, even for just a little while. They've been to the park twice already, and have spent lots of time riding tricycles in the back yard. They got a new one for Maya, and had to put tape on the pedals to give her a little more traction-- a feature she just loves to tell you about! They are both sleeping well, and are happy to be reunited with Charlie, who they missed quite a bit for the few days they were apart. And honestly? Charlie seemed to miss them, too. So everyone is good at the moment, including Gus, who is tired but still going strong.

Anyway, how about a few pics? I have my nice camera with me, but have mostly been tucking the little one or my cell phone in my pocket... so that explains the difference in picture quality!

First, some pics of the kids playing!


And a picture of Charlie, wrapped up burrito-style after his appointment today. My Dad was my cat-wrangler. Thanks, Dad!!

And finally, a picture from Friday night... I took the kids out to dinner on our last night at the old house, and was admiring the sunset as we got into the car. I think it was so pretty because of all the clouds that were moving in... the same clouds that would dump buckets of rain on us the next day! Still, this was our last San Diego sunset... bye-bye, SD!

No comments: