Thursday, November 10, 2011

Little Helpers

Today, I literally packed all day long! My main focus was the kitchen, which is now 100% packed. And I was able to do all of this with both kids home, because they were (for the most part) SUPER well-behaved today! Yes! Times like this, I am thankful for the fact that my kids generally get along and genuinely enjoy playing with each other. They played together for hours and hours, with only occasional refereeing on my part. I even let them play in the yard for a long time without me, which isn't super common (though I should say that our yard is completely fenced in and padlocked, and I can see/hear them at all times). They loved it! And I was happy to get so much done! And, because I am sort of ahead of the game, this means we can go do something fun tomorrow. YAY! I need to return my (former!) coworker's microwave in the morning, but then we're going to go to the beach. Another friend suggested taking pics of the kids at the Pacific Ocean, then following it up with pics of them at the Atlantic, after we move. Easy enough! And a fun excuse to head to the beach, provided the weather stays nice. I am looking forward to it!

Anyway, I grabbed these snapshots of the kiddos today that I thought I'd share. First, the boy helped me pack... though he promptly unpacked it all, haha!

Then, the kids pretended that the step stool was a motorcycle, which they "drove" for a while...

And then Nikos walked around with this box, declaring that he was a robot... ha!

After lunch, I treated them to ice cream sandwiches, since they totally deserved them and the weather was beautiful!

And, between me packing boxes and hauling bags of trash out to the curb, that was basically our day! I am looking forward to a little break tomorrow... I think I deserve it! :)

No comments: