Saturday, November 20, 2010

Sick Bay

Well, it's that time of year again: Cold and flu season! Blech!! We started off with a bang last week, when Gus and I were in Massachusetts. Both kids came down with some sort of short-lived stomach bug while we were gone, forcing my parents to clean up more than their fair share of toddler vomit (sorry, guys!). They seemed okay by the time we got home, though.

Tuesday afternoon, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. Everything just felt wrong. My head was pounding, my heart was racing, I felt dizzy, I had chills, etc. Not good. I forced myself to eat dinner, thinking that maybe I just needed some food. Bad idea. Long story short, let's just say I won't be eating chili again anytime soon. I continued feeling queasy on Wednesday, but woke up feeling fantastic on Thursday. So at least it was quick!

Then, Thursday night, Gus joined the club. It was not a pretty sight. He stayed home from work yesterday, and luckily feels a lot better today, because... I am sick AGAIN!! This time it's a really bad cold of some sort. I can't stop coughing, my head hurts, and I'm dizzy and weak. blech.

The kids seem to be mostly okay, though they both have runny noses and Maya has a hacking cough just like mine. We are just Germ Central right now. In fact, all four of us are still in our jammies, and I have already taken an hour-long nap on the couch (it helps that it's a rainy day). Here's hoping we feel better and get our appetites back in time for Thanksgiving!

Oh, and I did take a few pics of my girl playing on the floor in her jammies earlier. Nikos didn't want his picture taken, as he was too busy snuggling with daddy on the couch. But here's my little sickie!

No comments: