Sunday, November 14, 2010

Exhaustion, thy name is Briar

Exhausted doesn't even really begin to cover it, but that's okay!

I had two days off this week, due to Veteran's Day and the Friday afterward (which the school district wisely gave to us). Gus and I decided a few weeks ago that I would take one extra day (Wednesday), and we would spend the long weekend in Massachusetts!

There are lots of good reasons why we decided to go there, of all places, but that's another post for another time. Still, we had so much fun! We explored the central/northern parts of the state, which were absolutely gorgeous! A lot of the leaves had just fallen, but there were small parts where autumn was still alive and well. And those parts were truly spectacular! We also spent a night out on Cape Cod, which (as it turns out) is really pretty dead this time of year. Still, we could see what fun it would be during the warmer months!

The highlight was our final day, which we spent in Boston and Cambridge with Gus' old friend, Ramzi. These two went to high school together, lived together as roommates in college, then Ramzi was a groomsman in our wedding... you get the drift! After undergrad, Ramzi swent to Harvard Law School. And now, he lives right down the street from Harvard! So, after a morning spent walking the Freedom Trail in downtown Boston (which was a fun adventure, since it can be tricky to follow at times!), we headed back and got the full tour of Cambridge and the Harvard campus. My feet STILL hurt, but it was really neat! I loved getting to actually go inside some of the buildings and see the actual classrooms. Amazing!

Anyway, we got back to San Diego at about 1am, slept for a bit, did a few quick errands, then headed up to my parents' house to get the kiddos. My parents had an adventure of their own, with two sick kiddos! Nikos was throwing up on Thursday, and Maya joined in not too long after. She bounced back right away, but our boy has been kind of blah all week. He was ready to come home, I think, despite having a blast with his grandparents. I think he is a lot like me. If I am sick, or tired, the ONLY place I want to be is home. He was doing well this afternoon, so here's hoping that tomorrow he feels better!

But without further ado, here are just a few of the pictures I took on our mini-vacation! And yes, the fourth picture is of Ramzi giving Paul Revere a high-five. I love it, haha!!




No comments: