Monday, November 1, 2010

Happy Halloween!

Man, am I tired! And I am REALLY ready for Gus to come back home tomorrow!

Anyway, my parents drove down this afternoon to have dinner with us and help me out with the whole trick-or-treating thing. It was nice to have two more pairs of hands available, especially since one of those pairs made Maya's costume and knew how to tie the bow properly!

So we ate an early dinner, cleaned up, and got the kids into their costumes to head out right at dusk. Our first stop was Bonnie's house (our daycare lady), where her daughter Renee gave them oodles of candy and they basked in the attention. From that point on, Nikos seemed to put careful thought into which house to visit next... He didn't want to go anywhere with scary things in the yard or music playing. But at the houses we DID visit, he would shout out "Trick or treat!!" get candy, say thank you, and just generally act adorable. Maya followed behind him, mostly due to being sleepy and a wardrobe malfunction (her shoes kept slipping off). She was as cute as can be, but would shake her head "no" when offered candy. It was hilarious! She would try to put it back into the giver's bowl!

After four houses, Nikos announced that he was ready to go home. When I asked him if he wanted more candy, he pointed out that he already had candy in his bucket. So, we went home! He had a BLAST the rest of the night, distributing candy to the other kids that came by. He did NOT want to go to bed!

Anyway, I am beat (being a single mom for a week will do that to ya!), but here are a few pictures from this evening... They aren't the best, because I put my camera on "auto" mode for convenience. I generally shoot in "manual" mode these days, and have so much more control over what I get! But the lighting was bad, I needed my hands, and had very little time to take pics... So, it is what it is, right? I tried!





No comments: