Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some Pics and Stories...

As I've been getting my photo business off the ground, I have come to the realization that I have been taking more pictures of other people's kids, and fewer of my own! So this morning, I sought to rectify the situation. I broke out the big camera and took some snapshots of my little cuties in their jammies, playing in Nikos' room. The lighting was terrible, but the subjects were adorable! :)




In other news... We went out to dinner with some old friends last night, as well as their 19-month-old daughter. It took Nikos a while to warm up to her, but by the end, all three kids were hugging and tickling each other and having way too much fun inside the restaurant (yes, we were THAT table-- luckily, it was a family-friendly place!). Maya decided to wander off a few times, making some friends at nearby tables. But the highlight (ha!) was when Nikos announced that he needed to go potty. I immediately whisked him off to the bathroom, only to discover that someone had taken the handicapped stall (grr!). And when I tried to bring him into the little stall, he began insisting that he didn't have to go anymore. While still doing the "I-have-to-go-potty" dance. I didn't know what to do. And then I remembered the little potty sitting in the trunk of my car. So we rushed out to the parking lot, and he went potty in the car! haha! Not exactly ideal, but it worked. I guess the boy doesn't like public restrooms. We need to work on that...

Then, on the way home, it was past their bedtime and Nikos was acting super silly. He sang songs the entire way home. (Mostly this one, which is relevant to what I am about to say.) And then we passed the hospital where both kids are born, which happens to have a large stork statue on one corner of the parking garage's roof (Nikos calls it a pelican, despite constant correction). And all of a sudden, he started singing, "Pelicans, I like pelicans... I like how they fly in the sky, I like pelicans..."

Anyway, I was impressed, because it was the first time I'd heard him make up new words to an existing song! His first parody! :) Funny kid!

No comments: