Friday, July 2, 2010

Busy Day!

I started my day at 5:45, hopping out of bed, getting dressed, shoveling food down my throat, and hitting the road before 6:30. Drove to the mall (and trolley station), parked, bought a trolley ticket, rode said trolley to the end of the line, boarded another trolley, made it downtown, and then hoofed it over to the courthouse for jury duty. Watched the very-dated introductory video, and then listened to the retired judge give the same incredibly long-winded speech about the importance of jury service that he has given every single time I have served. Waited for the jury services office to open. Walked over, told them I only had childcare available on Thursdays but was otherwise a stay-at-home mom over the summer. (Yes, I could have done this by mail, but I forgot until it was too late-- oops!) Got excused. Walked back to trolley station, boarded trolley, and rode it to the end of the line. Boarded second trolley, made it back to the mall, and was in my car by 9am. Whew!!

And what did I do with the rest of my day? Well... I went to the county clerk's office, which I learned was closed to the public because of budget issues. Doh! So I went home to change my clothes, but stopped and got Gus a birthday cake from Nothing Bundt Cakes (YUM!!!) along the way. I got on the computer, located a different branch of the county clerk's office, and drove there. I filed a Fictitious Business Name statement for my photography business (yay!!) and, while waiting, realized I should also pick up a copy of Maya's birth certificate. I mean, it's only been 14 months since she was born... But I got both things taken care of after waiting for nearly an hour, and it felt great! Then, I stopped and got Gus a birthday balloon, and made a quick stop at the market for lasagna ingredients. I got home, made an awesome lasagna, and put it in the fridge for later. I wrapped presents, cleaned the house, picked up the kids, shoveled snacks into the them, cooked the lasagna, and waited for Gus to get home.

Did I mention that today was Gus' 30th birthday?? Well, it was. And Nikos was SO excited about it, it was hilarious! He directed Gus to open his cards, blow out candles, open presents, etc. He was so wound up that he had trouble going to bed tonight. Funny kid!

Anyway, it was a busy, but crazy-productive day. And I really hope that Gus had a good birthday, because he really deserves it!!

No comments: